Monday, September 10, 2007

The Football Weekend

I had a pretty fun weekend. The football season is upon us and I love to watch college and pro football games. It's the first year for me in quite awhile that I don't have the DirecTV NFL package so this year it looks like I am going to be stuck watching the regional games on Fox. At least I have 4 fantasy football leagues so it is highly likely I will have someone playing to cheer for.

The Huskers are off to a great start. They are 2-0 after squeaking out a victory on Saturday against Wake Forest. Personally I feel we are lucky to get out of there with a victory. We play USC this weekend. Go Skers!

On Saturday I went and saw the home opener of the local college. What an experience. I spent several years attending Husker games including the National Championship games in 1994 and 1995 so I feel a little spoiled by how much more fun a great crowd can make a football game. This game started off fun as the crowd was excited for the home opener. We sat next to the student section and were treated to a number of interesting cheers and sights. At halftime there was a streaker which was a first for me. After the band played we were treated to a firework show. Then it started raining and most of the crowd got up and left. WTF! I had to check and see if the game was being called off. We stayed until the end of the third quarter but with most of the crowd gone the game had lost its festive atmosphere.

All-in-all the first half of the game was a good time and the weekend was a blast.

1 comment:

MaanPa said...

Here's another football stat for you EHS 12/Wayne 6 (Mike did great!) Coach Rod wasn't bad either