Friday, September 14, 2007

A bad day golfing

...is still better than a good day at work. So I went golfing yesterday instead of working. Good times! I haven't been on the golf course since I messed up my ribs wake boarding back in July. Frankly I wasn't even sure if I could golf 18 holes but I figured it was worth a shot. After the first 9 holes I was scratching my head. I had lost 6 balls and had definitely lost my swing.

After a stop in at the snack shack for a mountain dew at the turn I had a revelation. I switched a couple of things around on my swing and I actually had a decent back 9. Definitely not a great back 9 but for the way I played the front 9 I was impressed. After the round was over we enjoyed a great meal at the golf course overlooking the 18th green.

I woke up this morning a little worse for wear, as my ribs are still not fully healed, but I should be ready for the tournament on the 26th. I just need to remember to buy some more golf balls before then.

No comments: