Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sundays

I must admit that there are very few things I enjoy more than a Starbucks coffee and the Sunday paper. For years Robyn and I used to drive to the nearest Starbucks grab a coffee and the Sunday paper and then head home and curl up on the couch and just hang out together for the day. She always started with the comics and I always started with the Best Buy ad. I normally could spend a good 45 minutes with that one ad before moving on to the sports page which would occupy my time for another hour.

It's been a long time since I've grabbed a Sunday paper and a coffee but this morning when I woke up it just felt right. Now before everyone gets all weird and tells me to quit bringing up the past let me say - relax. I actually really enjoyed drinking my coffee and reading the paper this morning. Things have changed in the last few weeks and I am really enjoying life right now (except for the cold weather). Not to mention the fact that the Best Buy ad was huge today and I think I spent a good hour planning all of the things I want to buy. For instance Guitar Hero 3 and a new camera!

Now for the really great news. As many of the visitors to the Mansion know I have been on a huge weight loss kick. About 2 years ago I was closing in on the 300 pound mark and feeling pretty flipping miserable. I've been working out religiously for the last year and really paying attention to what I am eating. I don't keep a scale at home because I don't believe in weighing myself everyday. I went to the gym yesterday and ran on the treadmill and when I got done decided to weigh myself and see how things were going. I hadn't weighed myself in about a month so I really didn't know what to expect. Complete joy struck me when I got on the scale - I weighed in at 192 pounds. I've lost almost 100 pounds!!! Are there Subway commercials in my future? I doubt it but I do feel about 10 years younger. I haven't weighed 190 pounds since my Sophomore year in college. Hey - Life is Good!

I'll leave you with one thought for the day. Kiss someone you love today and tell them you care. Trust me on this one.

I hope everyone is doing well. L8R...

4 comments:

Porqchop said...

Dude... I must not have seen you at your high (near my size). You've given me hope. Will you be my personal trainer and motivator? I can't seem to kick start things on my own.

Porqchop said...

Oh... and... CONGRATUFRICKINLATIONS! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

We're very proud of you!!!!! Maanpa

MaanPa said...

You've come along way in the past year and it's all been extremely positive. Keep climbing.....