
I have to say that I was very impressed with my first trip to Seattle. The city was really fun and yes that picture was the view from my hotel room using my cell phone. For those of you who have never been there I would recommend trying to visit on the first Thursday of the month. On that day all of the museums are free. We went to the art museum and I was pleasantly surprised with some of the exhibits. Pike place market was pretty cool and I could definitely spend a day shopping there. Of course I went to the Space Needle (after all I am a tourist at heart) and the Sci-Fi museum/hall of fame (because I am a geek).
I really love how small the world is. After our business meeting we walked around for awhile before heading to the Fox Sports Bar to unwind/debrief/and drink. After awhile a couple came into the bar and sat down next to us and ordered some drinks. I was a few beers into the night so I decided to make some conversation with my new neighbors. After talking to them for a good 30 minutes I discovered they were from Kansas City and were in Seattle on vacation. The guy used to be a bartender at The Other Place in Overland Park (one of my favorite spots to watch NFL games) and his wife knew exactly where my old house was in Eudora. We talked for a good 2 hours hitting every topic from KU football to the new construction on 151st in Olathe. What a great night!
One last note. If you love coffee you need to go to Seattle. You can stand on a street corner downtown and always have a Starbucks in sight. This is great for me because I love espresso. We decided on Friday afternoon that we both wanted to try a Seattle Best coffee since we were in Seattle! We walked around for awhile before finally finding a Seattle Best coffee store. It was a pretty big store and had a beautiful location in my opinion. We went inside the store to get a coffee and walked up the counter to place our order. Inside the store tucked back in the far corner of the Seattle Coffee store was a Starbucks. Can you believe it?

No comments:
Post a Comment