Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Whirlwind Tour


So in case it's not obvious I have been on a whirlwind tour of the country over the last 5 weeks and have not had a chance to update my blog. I am leaving for Seattle in about 18 hours so I thought I would drop a few lines out here quick to let everyone know that I am not dead. It looks like when I get back from Seattle things will slow down at least until Thanksgiving and then it's back on the road including a quick trip to Vegas at the end of November. It's going to be my first trip to Vegas so I am EXTREMELY excited.

A lot of pretty cool things have happened over the last few weeks but the most impressive was a personal best time in a 5k. I ran a 27:49 at an event in Kansas City which was nearly 2 minutes faster than my previous best. Before the race I was considering taking the rest of the year off to let my hip and knee recover from the stress of the running season but after posting that time I can't stop now. I am signing up for a jingle bell run in a couple of weeks. Is 26 minutes possible this year? I hope so.

I better get going. I have a few things to finish up before I leave today. I hope all is well with everyone. Have a great Halloween!

1 comment:

Porqchop said...

Vegas? Nice. Have a great time!