Friday, May 30, 2008

Austin


Beth, Lincoln, Alex and I just got back from a 5 day trip to Austin. We went down for a baptism. It was our first big trip together and I think a great time was had by all. It was the first time on a plane for Lincoln and Alex. They got their pilot wings when we got off the first flight so they are now officially "in the club". While we were there we got to spend a lot of time outside. The temperatures were in the 90s the entire time we were there which was ideal. We spent some time at a huge park throwing the football around (one of my favorite things to do) and climbing rocks. We got to spend an afternoon at a resort pool (another one of my favorite things) swimming and lounging by the pool. One evening we went to a place called the Oasis which overlooks Lake Travis for dinner. What a beautiful place. I definitely want to go back there and watch a sunset. On Memorial Day we packed the car with 7 people and drove to the outlet mall and did some shopping (yes another favorite thing). That evening we went to a local lake and fed the ducks and just relaxed. Come to think of I got to spend the entire trip doing my favorite things with 3 people that I love being with. What a great trip!

I honestly can't believe how fast the trip went. Seems like a reoccurring trend for TheGov. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun...

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Kiss someone you love today and tell them you care. Trust me on this one.

No comments: